Rockland Township, Manitowoc Co., Wisconsin
The Friedens Church Cemetery is located in Section 28 of the Town of Rockland
on the Northwestern edge of the village of Collins and just a short distance
from the Soo line railroad tracks. The church no longer stands and the
cemetery is overgrown with wild grasses, weeds and flowers plus brush. About
a dozen graves were opened and caskets and stones moved to new locations and
as a result there are deep holes scattered over the approximate acre or so of
land. Only four stones remain, two in the northeast corner, one in the northwestern
edge and one in the southwestern corner, plus three flat in the ground in front.
This last grouping is the only one which the grass is cut around it. The Frieden
Church was built in the early 1900's and was torn down in the early 1930's. Since
then the cemetery has been more or less abandoned except for some care given it
by Mr. Ed Schroeder on whose land it borders and whose relatives are buried there.
Indexed by Marcie Baer, a member of the Manitowoc County Old Cemetery Society on
September 28, 1975.
Updated by the Manitowoc Genealogy Society Sept. 2009. The status unchanged.
OSSW = ON SAME STONE WITH
SSDI = SOCIAL SECURITY DEATH INDEX
Henrietta/Geb. RINGHAND/Gattin von Joh. Bankert/Geb. 11 Mai 1846/Gest. 16 Aug.
1909. Also broken footstone: H.B.
Caroline/Mother/Apr. 20, 1844/July 10, 1924, ossw:
William/Father/Nov. 26, 1842/Oct. 25, 1927
Large stone reads: Schroeder
Separate stones flat in ground in front of above stone read:
Son of A.(Arthur) & C.(Clara) Schroeder/Born and died Nov. 27, 1914
(This is the only area of the cemetery that is cared for)(Information
on son of Arthur & Clara supplied by Ed Schroeder)
Meta/Toch. von G. and E. Schwanke/Geb. und Gest. 18 Apr. 1914